Dynamic Code Analysis is related to collecting runtime information about your software execution to identify:
- Dead Code: part of your code that is never executed
- Critical Code Area: part of your code executed many times that can have a high impact on overall system performance
- HotSpots: parts of your code that are responsible for the performance of your system
- Exception management: is your development team using Exception as expected
- Transaction call structure: how components call each other
- Collection of SQL statement executed
- Code path executed: related to control structure in your code. Useful for coverage tests.
All collected info can be used to get a realtime and always up-to-date documentation of your system execution.