SpyGlass Tracer Agent collects execution data from a JVM. The agent is based on JVM standards and it can instrument any type of JVM based application: web application, back-end application, but also desktop or console systems.
The Agent instruments application code adding probes to bytecode and extracts execution time, variables and system information. Collected data are then published on a secure socket for any registered clients.
The agent is designed to be:
- light: low impact on memory and CPU.
- transparent: no impact on applicative code
- secure: data are published on secure connections
- Sun/Oracle JVM from 1.5 to 1.8 (Java 9 is under verification)
- Open JDK from 7.x to 8.x
Certified Application Server
- Tomcat from version 5 to 8
- JBoss from 5.x to 7.x
- WildFly 8, 9, 10
- Jetty 7 and 8
- GlassFish 4.x
Java 1.5 or better